Google

 

 

 

Daily Wisdom

 

 

Sunday, October 26, 2008

God, grant me the serenity...

God, grant me the serenity...
.
A sense of serenity is a gift from God when we need it
.
Friday, October 24, 2008 12:40 PM EDT
.
By Christine Galasso Vigorito, A New You
.
Placed in our front yard garden, we have a lovely stepping stone with an inscription engraved on it that reads, "God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change; courage to change the things I can; and wisdom to know the difference."
.
These words, from theologian
Reinhold Niebuhr, serve as a reminder to me that a sense of serenity is, indeed, a gift from God offered to us whenever we need it. Just knowing this, I feel I can face whatever situation might loom before me. You may be weary and tired, are passing through great suffering or a bitter disappointment.
.
Perhaps, you are immersed in a situation and can make no headway. Maybe you are beset by obstacles, weighed down with frustrations and anxiety, and victory may seem impossible.
.
But you do not stand alone, God is with you.
.
Today, release the heaviness of those problems to Him, and let us take comfort in the Scripture that says, "When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze. For I am the Lord, your God"
Isaiah 43:2-3.
.
Most often, a reawakening of our faith comes after a period of doubt and struggle. "Why?" you may ask...because it causes us to rely on God that much more.
.
So, let us not get burdened down and discouraged. Let's realize that we may not be able to see God's entire plan right now; although soon, as we look back, the reason why these things have happened will be crystal clear.
.
Possibly one door has been closed for a purpose, thus you can walk through another door that will lead you to greater happiness. Therefore, regardless of outward circumstances, trust God and pray for His help, divine will and guidance.
.
A reader suggests, "When you pray, ask Him for a sign to guide you...that you are not sure about this and how you should proceed. He will answer your prayers, as He always does."
.
Long ago, I read a story about a woman who was upset because of the heavy cross that she carried. When she looked at her friends and neighbors, she wished that she could change places with them and carry their cross instead.
.
"Surely their cross would be lighter than mine," she thought to herself. That night the woman had a dream, and in her dream she was in a grand room surrounded by crosses of various shapes and sizes. Both large and small, the room was filled to capacity with crosses. As the woman looked to the left, there was an exquisite cross that was covered with jewels. It was lovely, so she walked over to it.
.
"I want that cross," she uttered, trying to pick it up. But the weight of that cross was too heavy for her to bear.
.
Her eyes gazed onto another cross. This one was superb, intertwined with large, bright flowers around its base. However, when the woman tried to lift it, the rugged edges scratched her skin.
.
She took a deep breath and began to become disheartened. Just then, she turned and saw a simple, plain cross. As she moved closer to it, she lifted it easily. Next, with a sense of familiarity, she declared, "This is my old comfortable cross."
.
Contented that she found it, she soon realized that it was the lightest of all crosses, and with God's help, she was able to carry it.
.
Remember, whatever our struggle today may be, we have a God who will help us to "carry our crosses" and give us peace as we endure the storm.
.
We can find rest in God.
.
The Bible says, "We sought Him and He has given us rest on every side." --
2 Chronicles 14:7.
.
He can give us hope where there seems to be hopelessness, direction when we're temporarily lost and encouragement when we are oppressed.
.
No matter the condition, let's keep our thoughts faith-filled and optimistic, for if our mind is saturated with fears, it will counterbalance our good efforts and worthwhile endeavors.
.
Let us think upon only the things we want to see reflected in our life. And in times of uncertainty, we can be at peace as we put into practice what the rest of
The Serenity Prayer suggests: "Living one day at a time; Enjoying one moment at a time; Accepting hardships as the pathway to peace; Taking, as He did, this sinful world as it is, not as I would have it; Trusting that He will make all things right if I surrender to His Will; That I may be reasonably happy in this life and supremely happy with Him Forever in the next. Amen."
.
God wants the best for us. And that includes...His peace. So go forward secure in the knowledge that you walk "in His peace."
.
Article Link:
http://www.pottsmerc.com/articles/2008/10/24/life/doc4901fa5d3b4b4164989426.txt
.
-------------------
I read this in my local paper today "The Pottstown Mercury" Sunday, October 26, 2008/D3
.
http://www.pottsmerc.com/
.
-------------------
The Lord spoke to me when I read this article today. I was reading a Psalm 126 this morning, and this article adds to it.

Not that I am not conflicted about it which is a long story.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

 

Every single person and every single creature that is alive today on this Earth

- August 24, 2008 til around the year 2880 will all be dead when January 1, 3000 happens.

What do I know:

- I don't even know exactly how many generations of people that is.

- I have absolutely no idea what the terrain will look like then,

and I know that most things occurring today,

and for quite awhile from now, will not matter

or even be remembered by those alive then.

Will they even have books?

What can happen around the span of 1000 years or so?

- The Roman Empire lasted approx. 851 years. [625BC-476AD]

- The Pilgrim exploring party went ashore at Plymouth in America [1620] approx. 388 years ago.

- The Nazi Party ruled about 12 years [1933-1945]

- The Titanic took 2 hours and 40 minutes for her to sink. [11:40pm:14th-2:20am:15th April 1912]

- There is active Christian discussion on this being the latter day

- the time being at hand

- that indicates that somewhere in this clock the prophecied tribulation could happen.

Would I be worthy?

- 10 out of 10 people do not leave this world alive.

- Somewhere in the time of this clock I'll be leaving here,

just like others I have known have already left.

- I know that spirits exist.

Do I know where those I have known are in spirit - no.

But I know that they are alive in the Lord's heart.

I know that He knows just where they are.

I hope and pray that they are ok.

In His heart I know and believe that they are.

- I believe in the promises of Christ, and know that I am ok.

What do you know?

 

Article of the Day

 

 

Note: I have certain items from Bravenet.com like Guestbook, free links, etc. I do not have control over the banner or pop-up advertisements that appear on the sites of these items. I am dismayed at some of the content of the advertisements, but with limited ministry funds it isn't always practical to upgrade in order to remove them. My plan is to only upgrade as needed.

 

 

. A pay-it-forward production.

This page was last modified:

 

 

Le Niche Ministries ... A Non-Denominational - Bible Promoting - Ministry