Google

 

 

 

Daily Wisdom

 

 

Tuesday, December 11, 2007

H.Res. 847

U.S. House to Consider Christmas Resolution

Our Washington, D.C. office informed us this morning that the House will consider a Resolusion recognizing the importance of Christmas and the Christian faith. H.Res. 847, introduced by Rep. King of Iowa, is on the House calendar for today and will need a 2/3 (290 votes) majority to pass.

Contact your representative to express your support for the Christmas Resolution (HR 847). You can get their contact information at:
http://www.house.gov/writerep/

The Resolution states in part:

Whereas Christmas, a holiday of great significance to Americans and many other cultures and nationalities, is celebrated annually by Christians throughout the United States and the world... Whereas on December 25 of each calendar year, American Christians observe Christmas, the holiday celebrating the birth of their savior, Jesus Christ...Whereas many Christians and non-Christians throughout the United States and the rest of the world, celebrate Christmas as a time to serve others: Now, therefore be it Resolved, That the House of Representatives-- (1) recognizes the Christian faith as one of the great religions of the world; (2) expresses continued support for Christians in the United States and worldwide; (3) acknowledges the international religious and historical importance of Christmas and the Christian faith; (4) acknowledges and supports the role played by Christians and Christianity in the founding of the United States and in the formation of the western civilization; (5) rejects bigotry and persecution directed against Christians, both in the United States and worldwide; and (6) expresses its deepest respect to American Christians and Christians throughout the world.

You can read the entire text of the
Resolution on our web site in PDF format or on the House web site, where you can also see the list of sponsors and later you can find out how you representative votes.

-------------------
My letter:

December 11, 2007

To The Honorable Jim Gerlach


I am writing to you today concerning H.Res. 847, introduced by Rep. King of Iowa. I learned about this from the Liberty Counsel, and it is said that it is on the House calendar for today and will need a 2/3 (290 votes) majority to pass.


I am asking for your positive vote on this bill in order to uphold our American holiday of Christmas. I am finding that Christmas has been under fire for the past several years, and that there are influences - that constitute censorship - that wish to negate this fundamental American holiday from the fabric of our society.

I have been quite upset over this.

Please vote positively on this bill H.Res. 847 to uphold our American tradition.

Many blessings to you,
Assuredly in faith,
Mrs. Rev. M. Marguerite Earhart


------------------
Liberty Counsel
http://lc.org/

http://lc.org/index.cfm?PID=14102&AlertID=778

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

 

Every single person and every single creature that is alive today on this Earth

- August 24, 2008 til around the year 2880 will all be dead when January 1, 3000 happens.

What do I know:

- I don't even know exactly how many generations of people that is.

- I have absolutely no idea what the terrain will look like then,

and I know that most things occurring today,

and for quite awhile from now, will not matter

or even be remembered by those alive then.

Will they even have books?

What can happen around the span of 1000 years or so?

- The Roman Empire lasted approx. 851 years. [625BC-476AD]

- The Pilgrim exploring party went ashore at Plymouth in America [1620] approx. 388 years ago.

- The Nazi Party ruled about 12 years [1933-1945]

- The Titanic took 2 hours and 40 minutes for her to sink. [11:40pm:14th-2:20am:15th April 1912]

- There is active Christian discussion on this being the latter day

- the time being at hand

- that indicates that somewhere in this clock the prophecied tribulation could happen.

Would I be worthy?

- 10 out of 10 people do not leave this world alive.

- Somewhere in the time of this clock I'll be leaving here,

just like others I have known have already left.

- I know that spirits exist.

Do I know where those I have known are in spirit - no.

But I know that they are alive in the Lord's heart.

I know that He knows just where they are.

I hope and pray that they are ok.

In His heart I know and believe that they are.

- I believe in the promises of Christ, and know that I am ok.

What do you know?

 

Article of the Day

 

 

Note: I have certain items from Bravenet.com like Guestbook, free links, etc. I do not have control over the banner or pop-up advertisements that appear on the sites of these items. I am dismayed at some of the content of the advertisements, but with limited ministry funds it isn't always practical to upgrade in order to remove them. My plan is to only upgrade as needed.

 

 

. A pay-it-forward production.

This page was last modified:

 

 

Le Niche Ministries ... A Non-Denominational - Bible Promoting - Ministry